[bug #7936] UTF-8 locales not supported

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #7936 (project mc):

I saw the UTF-8 problem addressed for the 4.7 branch, which probably is not
to be expected in the really "near future". Since for multi-language
requirements (German, English, Russian, Hebrew) I am depending on the UTF-8
environment, I would be more happy to see at least the filenames and editor
issues addressed earlier (I can live with the English localization of the
menus etc ;)
As Egmont already wrote almost a year ago: There are patches available with
the sources from Fedora and SuSE. For an experienced programmer, hence, it
should not be too difficult to apply them?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=7936>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/