Re: Proposal for simplification

Hi Pavel,

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 18:02 -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> As I understand, there is a UTF-8 patch for S-Lang but not for ncurses.

Well Balint states ncurses has UTF-8 support and the UTF-8 support in
slang2 is native, not an external patch.

> You can ask the author of the patch about the motivation.

? Are you speaking of my slang2 patch? If so then there must be a
misunderstanding. If not then of which patch are you speaking?

> I assume that it's just easier to support one library.

I disagree. I hadn't grasped that you propose to drop ncurses.

By the way, should I commit the mcslang2 patch? It is an *addition* to
the internal slang1. Any objections by anybody to go with 2 internal
versions of slang for the moment?

Leonard.