Re: Memory leaks

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 08:57:22PM +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > > Maybe this time I'll properly report memory leaks :)
> >
> > Maybe its about time stop playing valgrind and other tools you do not
> > understand. In case you want to file a real bug report take your time and
> > analyse the suspected code properly. Once you are sure that there is a real
> > bug involved post your analisys to the general mailing list - mc at gnome
> > dot org.
> >
> sorry pavel, are you on a crusade to piss everyone off or what?

No.

Posting random excerpts from valgrind in the hope that someone will
look at them and fix them doesn't seem appropriate for this list.
Everyone here is capable to run valgrind on its own. valgrind reporting a
memory leak doesn't always mean that there is a real memory leak - I can
imagine that you know this. I don't think that it is a good idea to
encourage people to post random reports from valgrind here. I think
the general list should be used for this purpose.