Re: Anonymous posts in bugzilla

Hi Roland,

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 19:03, Roland Illig wrote:
> This needs discussion. I do not want to restrict bug reports to Savannah
> developers. Bug reports should come from _users_, not _developers_.
>
> Can you explain your issue more verbosely, please? Perhaps with an example.

You want an example? Any bug that was reported by someone who didn't
login can not be traced back. F.e.
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=11652 . How are we
going to get in touch with the submitter if we need more info when we
don't have an email address (or the user is auto-CCed)?

Note that you don't need to be a developer to have a Savannah account. I
had a Savannah account long before I officially became a developer.

I can't speak about bugzilla's in general, but for f.e. Red Hat/Fedora
bugzilla you first need to subscribe before you can post bugs. I think
this is sensible. It's not like you have to submit all kind of personal
details, just a valid email address and a password.

Leonard.