[bug #9631] Cannot "put tabs only where I want them"

Update of bug #9631 (project mc):

             Open/Closed:                  Closed => Open

Follow-up Comment #3:

Reopening as there seems to be an issue here :) .

> When the "Fill tabs with spaces" is off, the autoindent feature
> replaces each eight spaces with a tab (which I don't want) and
> TAB inserts tabs into the file.

This inconsistency I cannot reproduce. I either get tabs in both cases or
spaces if the option is set.

Maybe you could try to rephrase the issue?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9631>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/