Re: request concerning confirmations (and selecting)

Hello.

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Roland Illig wrote:

> zscherni rz uni-potsdam de wrote:
> > Imho one thing in mc is a little bit dangerous:
> >
> > If there is (are) (a) selected file(s) somewhere in the filelist in the
> > activ mc-window (e.g. marked before pressing the insert-key while the
> > cursor-bar stood on that file) and the cursor-bar stands on another
> > file now and one presses F8 and one doesn't read exactly the
> > confirmation-message asking if one really wants to delete that (these)
> > (the earlier selected) file(s) and one clicks ok, so the earlier
> > selected file(s) is (are) lost and not the file selected in that
> > moment, which one could have expected...
> >
> > That's why i would like another message in that case which warns, that
> > there are other files selected than the one on which the cursor-bar
> > stands in that moment...
>
> What about changing the default button to [No] in that case? Would that
> help or are you using the mouse for deletion?

(I usually don't use the mouse.)

What means "in that case"? Really only in the case discribed above
(the case that the cursor bar stands on a file which isn't selected but
another file is selected so that this other file would be deleted and
not the one on which the cursor bar stands)?

Then I think it would help. (But another (warning about the fact of
divergence of selecting) message in addition to the exceptionally
preset [No] button would be great too.)

regards

Sebastian