Re: Problem while viewing rotated log files

On Thursday 23 June 2005 08:35, Oleg Tarasov wrote:
> Usually if one wants to view rotated log file (eq maillog.5.bz2)
> pressing F3 did the job - file is unpacked and viewed normally.
> But now something changed and these files are viewed in a strange

Feature, not a bug. :) Try browsing your man directories and view the
man pages. (I actually use the mc viewer as my man pager.)

Press F8 to switch to raw mode. Note, that saves state, so if you try
viewing a groff source file later it will be raw. You'd have to press
F8 again to toggle it back.

> This problem came recently (within 2 months I think) because before
> my recent upgrade of mc everything worked just fine.

The groff feature has been there for many years. I agree, it's an
annoyance when viewing logrotate files, but it's minor and the benefit
is worthwhile.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header