Re: dynamic loading of libraries

Pavel Tsekov wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Roland Illig wrote:
what do we need dynamic loading for? It seems simpler to me to just link
to the libraries directly.

There are external dependencies which are not vital for MC and it can
function without them properly - for example the famous X11 mouse support.
With dynamic loading it is still possible to build MC with X11 support
but at runtime a decision is made whether to enable it or not based on the
availability of a given library. So if you don't want to install X you
still can run MC.

I see it was a bit fast.

I cannot resist to suggest you to seriously consider the possibility to
move to another project where you can fully exercise your skills. It seems
that you just don't like MC and you are on a crusade to shape it according
to your likings.

I already have that project. ;)

So if you want me to remove all my changes that affect "my likings", please say so. But don't complain about the consequences then.

Roland