dynamic loading of libraries

Hi all,

what do we need dynamic loading for? It seems simpler to me to just link to the libraries directly.

Maybe someone once wanted to have plug-ins. But then the way we do it currently is completely wrong. We currently load external libraries dynamically, but the interfaces of these libraries could change without notice. Here compile-time bindings give us type safety, which dynamic binding with GModule cannot provide.

I suggest that we remove all dynamic binding code from mc.

Roland