RE: Release procedure

Hello David,

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 17:55, David Martin wrote:
> I think that most translator are part time or even little time
> collaborators and some/most of them may have problems with
> this tight scheduling. On the other hand, I know that
> scheduling is a must.

> Is it possible to open the 10 days translation period making
> sort of an "interface freeze" where no translatable strings
> may be changed?

MC_4_6_1_PRE has been mostly unchanged since december 2004. Isn't
that enough of an interface freeze ;-) ?

> Any sort of pre-warning such as "be ready for next release
> in 1 month"?

This is why I propose to have *1* release candidate, and the
upcoming release about 2 weeks after. I hope this release will
indeed be done from the PRE branch, *not* HEAD!

> I know that lately we've had too many of these warnings :).

Well, yeah, developers proposing a release asap.

> - I'm not sure if I would manage to deal with CVS branches.

Just use the -r switch to your cvs update command. You don't
need that switch once you've setup separate local trees for
HEAD and other branches.

Leonard.