Re: [bug #13734] viewer should save position & mode per file

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
thanks. however, i'd suggest enabling it by default. otherwise 95% of the
users will never get to know this feature. nobody reads the mc man page unless

I'm not so sure. That's something I've been wondering about saving position in the editor ... do those entries ever time out? 10 years hence, how many deleted and temporary filenames will I have in my list? Maybe there should be a hotkey to disable this on the fly for any given file while it's open in the editor?

Sometimes I use it and it's great, but most of the time I'm in the habit of moving to the first line and first character before leaving any file.

Thus I have dozens of files listed with position "1;0" in filepos. Why are those saved at all? Would it be possible to save file position unless the position happens to be "1;0"? Even #utar and other such temporary files have their position saved.

Is there a limit to the number of lines in filepos, like, say, .bash_history has? And yes, I did look in the man page before asking. :)
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header