Re: [FYI] current translation status

Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Roland Illig wrote:

Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

Regenerated and committed to PRE. How does one generate the status
table?

manually. ;)

 > Next: it will be good remove intl/ directory from source tree. Fix in
attached mc-gettxt.patch. This patch also removed covering system avalaible definition AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION in acinclude.m4.

That "fix" reveals multiple bugs in mc. Currently we don't have autoconf checks for most of the functions we use. We just depend on gettext that it detects them for us. This must be fixed anyway.

Next: it will be good convert all .po files to UTF-8 encoding (for
minimize number of used iconv modules in cmpletly UTFized system; the
same policy about use UTF-8 encoding is now used in GNOME and KDE).
One line script like:

Can you explain this a little bit more, or provide some hints where to find more documentation about this decision?

+AM_GNU_GETTEXT([external])

I would like that change. I don't think every package should have its own gettext implementation.

Roland