Re: cons.saver limit on the maximum number of lines/columns

Hi Pavel,

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 15:20, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> Well, currently the limit has been raised so it should be reflected here
> too.

I think the limit used in mc is to restrict memory consumption and does
not indicate a slang limit. Screens that can represent more than 512 x
512 characters are still seldom, so I don't think we need to increase
that default yet.

> I think however that this check might be redundant since MC exits if
> it detects that the screen is larger than what SLang allows.

The problem is this check does not happen when the screen (say xterm) is
being resized so we need it here as well.

> I think those macros were introduced only recently in SLang but I might
> be wrong as well. Anyway, do you know of other places which have similiar
> checks ?

Not off hand, no.

Leonard.