Re: cons.saver limit on the maximum number of lines/columns

Hello Pavel,

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 11:31, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>   winsz.ws_col = winsz.ws_row = 0;
>   if (ioctl (console_fd, TIOCGWINSZ, &winsz) < 0
>       || winsz.ws_col <= 0 || winsz.ws_row <= 0
>       || winsz.ws_col >= 256 || winsz.ws_row >= 256)
>     die ();
>
> Do you think that this limitation is really needed ?

It might well have to do with the allocation of a screen buffer or
something like that. More specifically this might have been a buffer
overflow fix or avoidance. Slang related yes, so the test might be
conditional (not sure how ncurses works).

There are other places in the code where such a limitation is used.
Sadly the constants SLTT_MAX_SCREEN_COLS and _ROWS are not used
consistently throughout the code so we'll need to look through the code
to fix this consistently.

Leonard.