Re: X11 support

Hello Roland,

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Roland Illig wrote:

> In this case, I wanted the GModule dynamic loading to be placed outside
> the key.c file, because the GModule part is not necessary to understand
> key handling. Only the X11 connection is.

Ok, ok. This is a different story. It would be helpful because there are
other candidates for dynamic loading too - as you can see from the TODO
list:

  Dynamic loading for libgpm, libext2fs.

Let's concentrate on this and really make it happen. This is good thing
since it will decrease the number of packages MC depends on at runtime.
When I first implemented dynamic loading of X11 i mostly did care about
the Cygwin platform though testing was done on Cygwin, Linux and OpenBSD.