Re: Debian bug list (#242194)

Hi Ludovic,

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 13:02, Ludovic Drolez wrote:
> - #242194: unicode patches

Please have a look at the latest Fedora development SRPM. UTF-8 patches
are still in 3 parts now, but they should and will be merged. Since last
summer I've spend a lot of time to coordinate efforts on these patches
between Vladimir Nadvornik (SuSE), Jindrich Novy (Red Hat) and others.

Also Jindrich Novy is working on patching mc-slang, to make UTF-8ization
also work when build --with-screen=mcslang.

Note that the current UTF-8 patches are not supposed to be included
upstream as they are considered not to be general purpose enough.

The approach for upstream should be to wrap all involved c functions
like strlen(), printf() etc. I hope to be able to spend some time on
this but I'm quite busy with my day jobs these days.

Leonard.