Re: What about the next release ?

Hi Pavel,

On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 18:01 +0300, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> I think we should have at least one more iteration based on 4.6.1 before
> we can release from head. At the end it has all kind if problems -
> ranging from minor glitches to more serious problems.

Tell me about the serious issues you've encountered. I'm not against
making a new branch based on 4.6.1 per se, but the effort of backporting
makes it not my first choice.

> The point I am trying to make here is that we have to keep the 4.6.1
> branch in good shape by backporting important fixes and features.

Depends on when you want a next release. Feature freeze an bug stamping
should fix most issues, don't you think?

> > We could maintain 4.6.1 with security related patches only and release
> > those as 4.6.1.1 etc.
>
> That's ugly.

What would be a more beautiful solution IYO? 4.6.1-pl1?

Leonard.