Re: accels busted

Hello,

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 02:29:48PM +0300, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > I told you the `use_8th_bit_as_meta' does the trick for me -
> >
> and i told you pretty much explicitly that it does not change a freakin'
> shit. you're seeing a different problem.

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/mc/mc/edit/editwidget.c.diff?sortby=date&r2=1.62&r1=1.61&diff_format=u

edit_drop_hotkey_menu() is tried if edit_translate_key() fails. Of course
it doesn't fail because M + something is supposed to be predefined macro.
Different ways to fix this exist and I cannot tell which one is the best
right away. Checking whether a macro bound to M + something exists is one
to go. I don't like it very much I'd rather prefer to have the the menu
hotkeys to invoke the menu always i.e. calling edit_drop_hotkey_menu()
before edit_translate_key(). Opinions ?