Re: X11 connection problems

Hello,

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> Hi Pavel,
>
> On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 12:32, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > Well, you should contact Roland, as the ultimate source of information,
> > when you are interested in the status of MC. I have hard time keeping
> > track of the status of things in the ligth of the recent changes. However,
> > I know that Roland commited his stuff which would eventually fix the
> > problem. Why would he bother to mention it though ?!
>
> I was understand that you were working on a more complete fix for this
> issue, and requested Roland not to commit his partial patch. I was under
> the impression that he did not commit his patch, but I might be wrong.

What's the problem with checking with CVS ?

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/mc/mc/src/x11conn.c?sortby=date

This should make it pretty clear.

> Reason I'm asking you is that you indicated you were working on dynamic
> seen any follow up on it.

Yeah, but Roland ruled out that he doesn't like the patch. Main reason
being it wouldn't be portable enough. Fair enough - I decided to keep
working on it, but since I don't think my sole purpose in life is
satisfying peoples wishes I work on it as i see fit. In fact I am using
two different approaches - this requires more time and I'll post once I am
done.

Also I see that currently we have more important tasks than dynamic
should I bother ?