Re: code style in the vfs

Hello Roland,

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 16:03, Roland Illig wrote:
> That's what I did yesterday. I have #defined the functions
> {mem,str}{r,}chr, strpbrk, str{case,}str, gettext and getenv to return a
> const char *.

Yes, I got that. Just thought I'd say something nice for a change ;) .

> I will keep the additional #include file I created for it, and will
> enable it from time to time against HEAD. If you also want to try, just
> #include "constwarns.h" (attachment #1) at the end of src/global.h.

As long as you don't enable it by default but just for personal builds
until all occurrences of the functions in question have been replaced
(and until after 4.6.1) that's fine with me.

Sadly I am not too well acquainted with the code yet, or I would come up
with these last two fixes needed for 4.6.1... Not sure where to fix the
./ for the root tar files, but the broken pipe fix should probably be in
init_growing_view. Help :) !

Leonard.