Re: code style in the vfs

Hi,

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 14:54, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Yeah, maybe I am nitpicking too much on the example given.

Maybe not very smart as it diverts the discussion from the real issue.

>  This is
> probably what you wanted to point out:
>
> char *dirname (const char *path)
> {
>      char *slash = strrchr (path, '/');
>      return slash;
> }

Well something like that. slash can be modified and path with it. Of
course there is merit in catching such cases. But I am not sure if
introducing the macros defined by Roland into HEAD at this point is a
good idea. Let's first do it in a separate branch, substitute all
strrchrs by mod_strrchrs where appropriate, and merge once everything is
fixed and properly tested.

Leonard.