VFS breakage again!

Roland,

You did it again. I am not amused. With your latest modifications to
vfs.c you broke extfs. It is obvious you never use patches, as entering
one would clearly show you you broke mc again. Please revert vfs.c to
v1.169.

I feel you are using the powers granted to you too carelessly. You
introduce breakage, replace (other peoples) code with code that you
yourself call poorly tested without even a pre announcement and in
general just seem to apply whatever you like to the tree.

You should be more considerate with using the powers granted to you.
This is not just your tree to play with. You can't just go around
randomly applying patches to your liking without putting them up for
discussion. Create your own branch and put your ideas and patches up for
discussion. There is a TODO list and other people might have other
priorities than yours.

All in all I think your behaviour wrt committing to CVS should change.
These matters have been put to you before, but you keep repeating the
same mistakes.

I don't want to put you down as I appreciate all the effort you put into
producing and fixing code, and putting issues up for discussion, but you
are careless with the tree.

Leonard.