Re: tilde_expand

Hi,

I wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 11:35, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > try rtfm. ;)
>
> Yes please. Which one in particular? man -a passwd seems not to be the
> correct one ;-) .

O yeah, man getpwuid was the one I checked, which holds this quote:
The  return value may point to static area, and may be overwritten by
subsequent calls.

This obviously is an indication, but I am somewhat confused by the "may"
in "may point to static area". What "may"? Is this implementation
specific? Based on build options?

Leonard.