Re: Any progress on the broken pipe issue

Hello Roland,

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 20:29, Roland Illig wrote:
> I will be
> back on Oct 10. Then I will try to figure out what exactly happens in the
> case the "Broken Pipe" message appears. That's quite a complicated issue on
> Unix systems, involving a whole process tree, many pipes and signals. (Read
> the book and you'll understand that.)

I believe you without reading the book ;-) . Great that you will be
looking into this. Maybe we can have the development freeze and a new
release right after this is fixed? I think the tar fix is good enough
for now. According to Pavel Shirshov there might be a few more issues
with tar.c. Not sure if these are new introductions or old issues. Seems
like a good item for 4.6.2.

Leonard.