Re: Any progress on the broken pipe issue

> I was wondering if you've been looking at the broken pipe issue lately.
> The patch you suggested a while ago did indeed change the behaviour wrt
> that aspect, but sadly it did not completely suppress the broken pipe
> warning. Do you have any more ideas on how to fix the issue?

Hello Leonard,

I am currently away from my computer, and also from the "Advanced
Programming in the UNIX Environment" book which I wanted to read. I will be
back on Oct 10. Then I will try to figure out what exactly happens in the
case the "Broken Pipe" message appears. That's quite a complicated issue on
Unix systems, involving a whole process tree, many pipes and signals. (Read
the book and you'll understand that.) And I want to be sure to understand
everything correctly. But then I will continue to work at it.

Roland