Re: mc burn patch, version 0.2
- From: Roland Illig <roland illig gmx de>
- To: Bart Friederichs <bart friesoft nl>
- Cc: MC Devel <mc-devel gnome org>
- Subject: Re: mc burn patch, version 0.2
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:45:56 +0100
Bart Friederichs wrote:
A few years ago (2001) I wrote a patch to enable cd-writing in mc. I got
an email from Andy Shevchenko, with some additions to it.. It now
patches mc-4.6.1-pre1 and the saving of settings works.
Attached the patch for mcburn 0.2
I will not commit this patch, and I hope noone else will do. It contains
a really large number of bugs:
* buffer overflows (e.g. in line 192)
* possible NullPointerExceptions (e.g. in line 116)
* memory leaks (e.g in line 668, 695)
Some minor issues are:
* Some strings are not translated properly.
* You should declare your functions as
"void foo(void)" instead of "void foo()".
* Don't use C++ comments in C.
* instead of malloc/strcpy please use either
concat_dir_and_file or g_strconcat.
* Always check the results of calls to the functions fgets, fscanf.
* After allocating a string, free it in the same function if possible.
* Replace the comment in lines 628--632 with a one line comment like:
/**** MC-Burn configfile functions ****/
It's visible enough.
Please first fix these bugs first, and then retry.
] [Thread Prev