More on merging patches

Hi,

Lately I've been comparing Fedora/Red Hat's and SUSE's mc patches, to
see what should be merged with CVS. To keep some overview I split up Red
Hat's jumbo patch and SUSE's security-fixes patch and commented most of
the (resulting) patches.

See http://www.ottolander.nl/mc-patches/ for details. Not all parts have
been checked (and thus commented) yet, but this is a work in progress.
Every patch (or patch part) has an accompanying text file describing the
patch and whether parts have already been merged (wip). The directories
fc1/full and suse91/full contain the original patches (with comments)
from mc-4.6.0-14.10 and mc-4.6.0-324.3 respectively. proposed obviously
holds patches that I propose for inclusion in CVS. These will be mostly
identical with patch parts in other branches, but might hold some other
fixes. See accompanying text files for details on origin and
modification.

If people using other distributions have patches they think should be
included please send them to me or the list. Be so kind only to send
hunks that differ from the ones which are available in Red Hat and
SUSE's patches. I don't feel like needlessly comparing hunks from yet
another distro. TIA.

Leonard.