Re: mc-4.6.1-versionsort.patch

Hello Roland,

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 01:38:46 +0200 Roland Illig <roland illig gmx de> wrote:

> wwp wrote:
> > Hi Roland,
> >

> > I don't remember exactly where I did found your mc-4.6.1-versionsort.patch,
> > but I applied it to mc-4.6.1-pre1 some months ago, and notice that if I set
> > the sort order to Name (Version), next time I will open mc, this setting will
> > have gone.
> >
> > Is this a known issue or did I miss something? Do you still maintain this patch
> > or propose other patches on a public website?
>
> Hello wwp,
>
> I don't maintain this patch any longer because it dit not work. I had
> patched some source code locations, but there had been apparently some
> others that I had not patched. So it worked halfways.
>
> But I could invent a new patch that simply does a versionsort when you
> choose "Sort by &Name". Then I had nothing to do with the GUI and could
> nonetheless have my version-sorted directory listing.
>
> Shall I?

Well, since I'm not a mc developer, I shall not answer to such question, since
I thing that such interesting patch would worth being merged to the sources,
and I don't think that sorting by name implies sorting by name+version.

IMO it would worth trying to complete the patch to cover all the GUI/storage
issues, maybe asking to Pavel or anyone who know mc mechanisms to have a look
at the patch?

Thanks a lot for your response!

Regards,

--