Re: Broken pipe warning in viewer

Pavel,

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Dmitry Semyonov wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Dmitry Semyonov wrote:
> >
> > > mc-4.6.1-pre1 produces the warning while trying to exit viewer after
> > > viewing relatively big gzip or bzip2 compressed file.
> > > (F3,Esc,Esc).
> >
> > Furthermore, search (F7) is broken in this case in viewer.
>
> I don't understand that.  I cannot reproduce anything obviously wrong with
> the viewer.

Well, I see this bug cannot be reproduced with any archive that cause
the broken pipe warning. One of the examples for broken search is
binutils-2.14-binutils-031118.diff.gz (5324375Kb compressed).
If I try to search anything that is situated at the end of the file,
then I get "Search string not found", and displayed file size is
set to 5275648, but after pressing End displayed file size become
29656277, + I now can find the string.

I can verify viewer search functionality after the bug with broken pipe
is fixed. Just drop me a line.

...Bye..Dmitry.