Re[2]: mc-4.6.1-pre2

Hello Leonard,

LdO> There are two subshell patches that you might want to consider for
LdO> inclusion. The "deglobalize prompt_pos" seems to work for me,

     It's fix for subshell. After 4.6.1 I'll try to rewrite subshell
     support for mc.

LdO> and the copy_dir_dir cleanup also is rather trivial (some
LdO> indentation fixes, plus the removal of a backward goto). Please
LdO> consider these.

     I'll see it.

LdO> However, I do not understand the comment you make in the wiki about the
LdO> prompt fix patch, and the issues you are having with it. If it doesn't
LdO> work on FreeBSD I think you should apply it with an #ifdef __linux__ .
LdO> Otoh, it's not that important. Still, please explain.

     My words from wiki.
     "I use right terminal settings. Fix for Linux make twinkling on FreeBSD (pchel)."

     twinkling - flashing - glimmer - flicker.

     Patch for Linux is bad for FreeBSD. '#ifdef __linux__' is
     solution, but see upper.

LdO> And there is the fish issue. Although the latest version of the patch
LdO> looks a bit complicated (not sure whether it's correct) the original
LdO> patch seemed quite simple. Please see if it can be applied.

     'head' from fix is unportable. Maybe 'sed'?

     And I can't reproduce it. I need a test case for fish testing.

--
Best regards,
 me                            mailto:me pavelsh pp ru