Re: mc-4.6.1-pre2

Hello Pavel,

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 14:09, Pavel Shirshov (pchel) wrote:
>   I sent mail to Pavel Roskin about release mc-4.6.1-pre2. I think to
>   release mc-4.6.1 without any subshell fixes.

Apart from the prompt fix patch I agree. The subshell is probably too
complicated to fix completely at this stage. At least the "already
running a command" issue.

There are two subshell patches that you might want to consider for
inclusion. The "deglobalize prompt_pos" seems to work for me, and the
copy_dir_dir cleanup also is rather trivial (some indentation fixes,
plus the removal of a backward goto). Please consider these.

However, I do not understand the comment you make in the wiki about the
prompt fix patch, and the issues you are having with it. If it doesn't
work on FreeBSD I think you should apply it with an #ifdef __linux__ .
Otoh, it's not that important. Still, please explain.

And there is the fish issue. Although the latest version of the patch
looks a bit complicated (not sure whether it's correct) the original
patch seemed quite simple. Please see if it can be applied.

Leonard.