Re: deb vfs security issue (CAN-2004-0494)

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 09:54, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Please wait with committing this. As I am going through many of the
> files in vfs/extfs it's probably better to wait for a comprehensive
> patch that I intend to make. There are many more occurrences of the
> above open syntax.

Never mind the above. As I had no intention on touching that file anyway
(it seems correct wrt escaping parameters) the changes could just as
well be committed.

Currently looking at rpm/trpm/rpms.in and
apt.in/deba.in/debd.in/dpkg.in. Seems to be a lot of redundancy,
especially in the latter 4.

By the way, apart from patchfs and uzip also mailfs seems to be correct
wrt escaping parameters.

Leonard.