PHP syntax [was: Re: Re[6]: security fix for temp files in cvs now]

Hi Pavel,

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 01:20, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> Thinking a bit about "DOMDocument->saveHTML". Although "->" is a
> separate syntax element you might want to use that whole string as an
> identifier to avoid highlighting of wrong class/method combinations...

Looking at this I stumbled upon a "[deprecated]" tag in the syntax file
that slipped through the script's filters. However that tag is no longer
available in the docs so you probably haven't noticed it ;) . Removed
the syntax file from proposed for now until it is cleaned up. It's still
available under the fc1 branch.

I think keeping the whole strings including the "->"'s is a good idea,
as it only highlights correct class/method combinations. Sadly in some
cases a separate class description seems to be failing from the docs,
which makes it necessary to add those by hand. For example in the
current php syntax file there is no entry for DOMDocument. There is one
for hw_api_attribute though.

For a moment I thought the keywords should be sorted "largest match
first" but this seems to be unnecessary. Thus it doesn't matter
hw_api_attribute->values comes after hw_api_attribute->value.

I also believe it is probably a good idea to add a separate keyword
entry for "->".

Leonard.