Re: Suggestion: Program comment Lines

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Rodrigo wrote:

> I use mc version 4.6.0 and I'd like to suggest including a tool for
> automatically commenting blocks of the software under edition, by
> selecting it and pressing some hotkey combination. Uncommenting is also
> interesting.
>
> This is particularly useful for languages such as fortran, in which each
> commented line has to begin with a 'C'. So, (un)commenting a block of a
> fortran code manually is terrible and this tool would save a LOT of
> time.
>
> Thanks very much and I hope the suggestion is useful.

sorry to disappoint you, but the suggestion is not very useful without a
good implementation.  As it stands now, there are many suggestions that
nobody implemented, there are many patches of low quality that cannot be
applied as is, and those who can apply patches have too little time.

The primary focus of development remains fixing the existing bugs rather
than adding new features.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin