Re: Patches for mc-4.5.51

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> If you mistrust development that happened after 4.5.51, then I'll
> appreciate if you explain the reasons.  Stability and portability has been
> the focus of the recent releases.  Version 4.6.0 was tested by Valgrind
> for memory errors, and several of them have been found and fixed.  This
> tool didn't even exist when 4.5.51 was released.

We don't distrust you, don't worry. It's just most likely that everyone
was happy with 4.5.51 so far, and didn't feel a real urge to upgrade.
Which is unfortunate on it's own, admittedly.

> If you believe in rumors that the new mc requires GNOME 2 and XFree86 as
> some posters here implied, please adjust your reality :-)

No. :)

 - Hubert

--
  ___ _ _  _   _        * Harddisk Image Cloning *
 / __| | || | | |           www.feyrer.de/g4u/