Re: mc 4.6.0 subshell fix for FreeBSD 5.x

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:38:40 -0400 (EDT) Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org> wrote:

> > Hmm, subshell works when mc is launched by the regular user, but not
> > when by root! Solaris 8 has the same problem.
>
> Maybe it's because root uses csh, which is unsupported?

Yes. I later noticed that subshell works when mc is launched
from sudo, so yes, it is a shell. Why csh is unsupported btw?
Is it docummented? Just checked, and found it in the FAQ.
But when I first had this problem half a year ago I didn't think
it could be dependant on the shell... It should probably be
added to the hints, so that new users have more chance to
notice it.

Regards,
Nerijus