Re: mc error

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Eugene Olkhovick wrote:

> Hello mc-devel,
>
>   Now I add package mc-4.6.0_6 in my FreeBSD 4.2 system/ When I try to
>   start mc the following error occured:
>    /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Undefined symbol "__stdoutp" referenced
> from COPY relocation in mc

Generally, such questions should be addressed to the packagers.  GNU
Midnight Commander doesn't use internal symbols of the FreeBSD C library.

Search for "__stdoutp" on Google gives this:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2003-August/014595.html

Perhaps the package was built for another version of FreeBSD.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin