bug in mc

I have found something, which I thing is a bug in the midnight commander.
If I set chmod of  a file to 222, and later try to open it with the internal
editor (F4), there is a message that reading was not successful  and contents of
a file  is wiped.   I use  mc-4.5.55-7mdk on mandrake linux 8.2. It is rather rare
case, but can cause losing data.
                                  with regards  Ireneusz Dybczyński