Re: FTP question

* Werner Geuens <w geuens pandora be>, 13/11/2003, 08:20

> This might turn out not to be a bug report,
> but rather a configuration/feature question:
>
> When using MC to uploading files to my webspace on the provider's server, I
> get an error after each file. The bottom line is that MC wants to match the
> rights on the provider-side to those on my machine.
>
> The error goes like this:
> "Cannot chmod target file ....... operation not permitted (1).
> [...]

Try switching off "[ ] preserve Attributes" before copying (in the dialog
that pops up right after you hit F5). Works fine here to prevent the same
problem when copying files to SMB shares.

HTH,
Thomas
--
-  Thomas "ZlatkO" Zajic    <zlatko gmx at>     Linux-2.4.19 & Mutt-1.4i  -