Re: mcedit file locking

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:13:05AM -0500, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> (i.e. there will be stale locks is mc is killed,

No, the lock is connected with PID:

.#testfile -> alpha mentat localdomain 2339

We can safely assume that the PID is unique. Moreover jed does not
break when trying to edit locked file, it just politely asks user
whether steal the lock or not.

> write access to the directory is required),

I guess we can safely assume that when one tries to modify file in
some directory - he has write access to it. Of course it is not always
true, but in most cases...

> I think that's what mc should do.

I'll try to implement this.

Regards
Adam

--

  _.|._ |_  _.   :  Adam Byrtek /alpha               alpha debian org
 (_|||_)| |(_|   :  http://krakow.linux.org.pl/        pgp 0xB25952C0