Re: ouch -> undelete on ext3

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 12:03, Protector 330 wrote:
> I'm running the system and mc as above, but I can not unmount the partition
> because I have no remote access to my server. Is there a way to run a
> undelete without unmounting?

I make it short for you. Depending on your filesystem which may be ext2,
ext3, reiser, xfs, jfs your files are totally lost and not recoverable.

What you can try as last hope is to 'cat' that partition to a different
harddisk and grep for contents inside that for important data.
Everything else is just a waste of time. I bet as for now most entries
on your harddisk are overwritten already.