Re: mcedit (allmost)dead-loop and memory leak

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 20:36:15 +0400, Dmitry Semyonov wrote:

> > Source of problem is in "..." lines.
>
> I don't see any "..." lines in the file.

I mean everything between quotations. In this file every line is between
them.

> You have forgotten to mention the version of mc.

Default version - the newest one.

> "Search string not found" dialog is displayed almost immediately in
> mc-4.6.0. No dead-loops, etc.

I've tried my mc-4.6.0 and these two ones:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/file/managers/mc/binaries/RedHat/8.0/mc-4.6.0-2.i386.rpm
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/file/managers/mc/snapshots/mc-2003062221-1.i386.rpm

It takes them a really long time to finish (a few minutes) and memory
usage grows up (up to a few MB for this file) and doesn't shrink after
exiting mcedit.

--
Tom Pala <gotar pld-linux org>