Re: Does --with-screen=slang add -lcurses ?

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
>
> > When I configure with --with-screen=slang (I use a static
> > 1.4.8) on Cygwin I get
> >
> > checking for setupterm in -lcurses... yes
> >
> > during configure.
> >
> > At link time:
> >
> > gcc-2.exe -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -O2
> > -Wall  -s -o mc.exe
> > ../edit/libedit.a  ../vfs/libvfs-mc.a  -L/usr/lib -lglib -lslang -lcurses
> >
> > I thought it was also linking in libncurses, but:
>
> What makes you think that slang should have dependency on
> ncurses ?

I don't think it should have any dependency.

I just thought it was linking in libncurses because it added
-lcurses.

> If you want to link against ncurses try passing
> --with-screen=ncurses to the configure script.

I personally don't care as long as both work, what I can
confirm.

> Are you asking just out of curiosity or there is some problem
> that you are trying to solve ?

I just wanted to know why -lcurses was added to
--with-screen=slang, and why

cygncurses6.dll -> /usr/bin/cygncurses6.dll

doesn't appear in ldd. I don't see any -static. I also used
strings.

Just curiosity.

--
0 pervalidus {net, {dyndns.}org}