pre2a Xevent problem?

Oh boy, there's something really wrong here.

I just compiled the freshest cvs AS IS, the
configure options seemed appropriate to my
uses. It works fine from the console, but in
a gnome-terminal (mandrake8.2) it seems to
buffer Xevents (keyboard and mouse) and then
spew them out after about three have happened.

I haven't yet had a chance to inspect the
problem much closer. Does anyone know where
this is coming from?

I'm sorry I don't have the time to figure this
one out for myself at this point.

The closest I can get is that I used to use
both --with-x and --with-tm-x-support.

Perhaps it has to do with the changes to
the default configuration?

Cheers.