Re: hardcoded /tmp instead of TMPDIR

Hello, Oskar!

> MC does not use $TMP. (The reporter must have meant $TMPDIR.)
> I did a grep (with MC of course :) for files with /tmp and
> found one place in subshell.c. This patch ought to fix it. I tested
> it (with tcsh as shell of course) and it works fine.

You forgot some debugging statements in the patch.  Also, it seems that
you are calculating tmpdir both in the child and in the parent processes.
Why?  Whould not it be better to calculate it once?  I also think that the
name of the pipe should be calculated once.

I still hope to avoid the pipe completely, since it's not portable to
Cygwin.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin