Re: bug mc 4.5.55

Quoting giorgio_m <email giorgiomantovani com>:

> the problem is that when a file name contains a blank space, for example
> I have this file "photo 1.bmp", I can do nothing with it, I can't open
> it using F2- -program

Are you sure that it's a problem in mc?  Can it be that your menu
entry doesn't have some necessary coding?  Can you show what
your menu entries are?

> another problem, I've got directories names containing spaces, well, if
> I press F2-make a tar release of the current directory, as always, mc
> does nothing

This function "making releases" has been removed from the current version
of mc.  To make a release of a software that uses Automake you
should use "make distcheck".  Failure to do so often results
is software that doesn't even compile for anybody but the author.
Maintainers of other software should follow their established release
procedure.

> I can't use mc if these problems aren't fixed, please do something!!

Try to rewrite the menu entries to use correct quoting.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin