Re: links in man2hlp

 --- On Thu 10/24, Pavel Roskin  proski gnu org  wrote:
> Why do you want to put the date automatically?  What's the >point in
> having
> any date in the manual if the date is updated automatically?  Updating it
> by hand would be an extra requirement for the maintainers who >edit the
> manual.
>
> Am I missing something?  Is the date required?

I was thinking of the man page. Date is usually in the header or
footer of most UNIX pages (I don't know if there's a standard
about it).

By now, we have in mc.1.in:
.TH mc 1 "30 October 1998"

As we are making many changes, I think we should update it. We
can do it once for all help files, do it automatically or let
translators put there whatever they like. I would propose the
first choice, but I was checking if second was possible.

*8-) David

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com