Re: Circular referencing macro segfault

Hello!

>   There is a macro circular referencing bug in mcedit from version
> 4.5.55, 4.6.0pre1 and the current snapshot I am using(mc-2002-10-08-21
> from ibiblio) and possibly other versions.  I have seen no data
> corruption occur, and the "fix" so far has been to think a little more
> carefully while assigning macro keys :)

Fixed.  It was really easy to fix - I simply added a counter for the
recursion depth, and it's not allowed to go over 256.  256 recursion
levels should be enough for everyone :-)

>   I have tested it with the versions noted above, and also I have tested
> on different machines with different configurations.  A back trace has
> been left out because this is not an intermittent error.
>
>   It will still occur if the loop is bigger, ie. macro a->b->c->a (this
> was the situation when it showed up).  Sometimes it requires reset(1)
> afterwards, other times it doesn't.

Sorry, I misread your message.  The word "still" made me think that you
were going to send a fix that only fixes the simplest kind of recursion.
I hate temporary hacks, so I slightly overreacted.  Sorry for that.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin