Re: Links -dump as HTML viewer

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:42:35 -0400 (EDT) David Martin <dmartina excite com> wrote:

> > > 9.0. It includes links 2.1pre2 and it seems that the -dump option has
> > > been removed. Sniff. You get a warning about it when viewing HTML files
> > > and I'm afraid that lynx is used instead.
> >
> > That's my error.  Fixed in CVS.  links never used "-dump".
>
> Are you sure? I tried the snapshot and it didn't work. We need the -dump option to avoid entering the interactive ncurses full screen mode and getting the formatted thing to stdout.
>
> It was there in the 0.96 version but it seems to have dissappeared in this sort of 2.1pre version of Links. I was checking their Changelog files and couldn't find any notice about this.

(Could you please wrap your lines at about 75 column?)

links-0.96-2 from RH 7.2 supports -dump according to links -help.
RH 7.3 includes elinks-0.3.0-1 and RH 8.0 includes elinks-0.3.2-1
(http://elinks.or.cz/; executable is named 'links'). Both support -dump.
I'd suggest leaving -dump and probably talking to links developers,
if this option is removed in newer links version.

Regards,
Nerijus