Links -dump as HTML viewer

--- On Mon 10/14, Pavel Roskin < proski gnu org > wrote:

> > 9.0. It includes links 2.1pre2 and it seems that the -dump option
> has
> > been removed. Sniff. You get a warning about it when viewing HTML
> files
> > and I'm afraid that lynx is used instead.
>
> That's my error. Fixed in CVS. links never used "-dump".

Are you sure? I tried the snapshot and it didn't work. We need the -dump option to avoid entering the interactive ncurses full screen mode and getting the formatted thing to stdout.

It was there in the 0.96 version but it seems to have dissappeared in this sort of 2.1pre version of Links. I was checking their Changelog files and couldn't find any notice about this.

We may have to give up and use lynx again. Any idea? Any contact in the links development team? It's a bit unfair to remove such feature...

*8-) David

P.S.: I'll sort the CVS thing ASAP.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com